Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Helen Keller - The Amazing Woman

Helen Keller


Helen Keller was blind and deaf. She was born in 1880 and died in 1968. She lived to be 87 years old. When she was little she got so frustrated she would throw her food. She would even steal food from people's plates! She was the most educated blind and deaf person in the world!!
She had a ship named after her! Sometimes I like to run my hands over brail in stores, It's cool to think she could read little dots!! When she went to the circus, she couldn't see or hear what was going on so the performers made her part of the show!!

I learned all this by reading Helen Keller by Margaret Davidson. Helen Keller was a really cool person and I wish I could be like her!!






1 comment:

  1. Helen Keller's story is very inspirational. She proves that just because a person lacks in areas does not mean they are not intelligent.

    ReplyDelete